6 Things to Know Before Going for Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment
The natural effects of aging are inevitable, with many people having to deal with age spots and pigmentation problems, face wrinkles, drooping skin, and sun spots. There are multiple other undesirable conditions that go along with aging, including face wrinkles and scaring of the face, possibly due to previous cases of acne or improper skin maintenance.
We specifically picked the Fraxel Dual as the perfect resurfacing laser for our patients and community—the most impressive results with the least amount of downtime, results that you can not get from lotions or creams. Although some of our patients shared with us their feeling with lasers coming anywhere near their skin, this feeling is totally normal. However, we would like to reassure all that with the ongoing advancements in laser technology. Fear of lasers is the last thing that needs our attention. It’s how much effective the laser treatment is and the expected results. From there, we are looking forward to discuss more on Fraxel laser on skin. There are thousands of Fraxel Dual before and after pictures especially on the treatments of acne scars, pores and pigments. But the questions we are answering here is what is it? medical limits? down time? best pricing?
1- What is Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment?
Fraxel dual is a non-ablative fractional thulium laser. This is one of 3 Fraxel lasers. Fraxel restore is a non-ablative fractional erbium doped laser and Fraxel repair is a fractional carbon dioxide laser. Fraxel repair will go the deepest into your skin and has wounding that requires downtime. Fraxel retsore targets more superficially iin your skin for fine lines, tone and texture and usually
The Fraxel Dual device is actually two lasers in one: the 1927nm wavelength allows us to treat superficially (improving pigmentation) while the other, the 1550nm wavelength, targets skin texture (improving deep lines and acne scars). The components can be used together or separately, depending on your needs. The mechanism of Fraxel heavily relays on resurfacing your skin by stimulating the growth of new, healthy skin cells from the inside out.
As an all-around skin resurfacing treatment, Fraxel dual can be used throughout the body to help your skin regrow into its naturally beautiful appearance. These are the following treatment areas:
The Fraxel treatment is an outpatient procedure, and does not require extensive amount of time. From start to finish, the procedure lasts about 2 hours. This includes the preparation for the procedure. In fact the laser part of the procedure only lasts about half an hour, and most of the time is devoted to preparing your skin for the treatment.
2- WHEN TO DECIDE THAT YOU NEED Fraxel Dual Treatment?
- Acne and Surgical Scars– When you get scars on your face, depressions and indentations occur in the skin, which are mainly present on the face, and sometimes shoulders and upper arms. Scars: surgical, post-operative, accidental, etc.
- Large Pores
- Age spots/sun spots (pigmented lesions)
- Melasma/ Pregnancy Mask
- Discoloration and uneven pigmentation
- Fine lines around the eyes (“Periorbital Wrinkles”)
- Irregular skin texture
- Actinic Keratoses (precancerous lesions)
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR Fraxel Laser Treatment?
“If someone has just one brown spot on their forehead, but otherwise has beautiful skin, I wouldn’t use Fraxel,” says Dr. Anolik. There are other pigment-specific lasers, like YAG, which is more effective spot treatments. Fraxel lasers are better suited for treating larger areas, such as your entire face, hands, chest, or patch of stretch marks on your body.
- Medical conditions – The best Fraxel candidates in general, for anyone dealing with mild to moderate acne scarring, and fine wrinkles. and there are only 4 disqualifers from the treatments (discussed below)
- Cost – (cost at end of this review), if can not afford usually physician recommend much milder lasers (yet not as good as fraxel dual)
3- There are only 4 dis-qualifiers for Fraxel Dual
- Predisposition to keloid formation or excessive scarring;
- Systemic steroids (e.g. prednisone, dexamethasone), which should be rigorously avoided prior to and throughout the course of treatment; and
- Patients undergoing isotretinoin acne treatment or with drugs in a similar class.
- Patients with active bacterial, viral, or fungal infections.
Whatsapp on +60196610088
4- WHAT RESULTS SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
- Improved tone and texture
- Reduced wrinkles and pore size
- Treatment of unwanted brown spots
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
- Effective treatment of pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis)
- Excellent treatment useful for any part of body
How many treatments will you need and how long would the results last?
Dramatic results are usually seen after the first treatment with the Fraxel Dual laser. Typically the skin will look fresher and clearer, with noticeable improvement in skin texture and tone. These effects are evident after the first week. However, desired outcomes are typically reached in multiple treatments but we usually recommend a minimum of 3 to 5 sessions spaced about 2 to 4 weeks apart. Depending on your condition and schedule, you and the dermatologist may choose to space treatment sessions further apart. Results are immediate and progressive, with optimal improvement usually visible in 2 to 3 months. This time frame and treatment structure allow for complete healing and the production of new collagen and elastin to replace damaged tissue.
First, your skin will be cleansed. Then, about 60 minutes prior to treatment, a topical anesthetic ointment will be applied to the treatment area. The Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 procedure takes 20 to 25 minutes for a full face.
The Fraxel laser is so advanced that it penetrates deep into the dermis without affecting untargeted surrounding areas. As the handheld instrument is passed over the skin, you will experience a tingling sensation. The treatment itself isn’t painful, but has to be repeated over several sessions for best results. However the patient feels heat during the process, but a numbing agent is used ahead of time to minimize discomfort and any possible pain.
5- Fraxel Dual RECOVERY – After Care
The skin should be moisturised four times daily and the skin cleansed twice daily. Trauma to the skin such as excess heat, sunlight, and harsh skin products should be avoided for 1 week following treatment. Make-up and sunscreen may be applied at any time immediately following treatment.
You may experience very mild swelling and slight redness of your skin. This goes away within a day or two and mineral make-up can be used to camouflage pinkness that may take a couple of weeks to fade. Depending upon the laser used and the extensiveness of your treatment, you should be able to apply make-up and return to work immediately.
For Best Results Our Doctors usually recommend:
Avoid direct sun exposure during the healing process and for at least 3 weeks after treatment. Wearing sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher twice a day is especially important. Wearing wide brimmed hats is highly recommended when out in the sun. Naturally it is important to minimize sun damage in the future to prevent a recurrence of the same condition.
Downtime: After procedure- pink and swollen Next day- swollen with little scabs all over. Note the laster punctures small holes on your face. This is the method of bruising the epidermis to force skin rejuvenation. Day 3- scabs starting to flake off. Lots of white head pimples. Day 4- same as 3 Day 5- scabs 75% gone. Still pink and a bit swollen Day 6- scabs gone. Swelling down. Life is good. I would say the first 2 days are noticeable. If you have a 3 day weekend, do the procedure on Thursday evening.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS
- Discoloration: The possibility of temporary and permanent skin color change is known to exist with any laser treatment and may occur also its very rare.
- Eye Injury: The Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 Laser System generates an intense beam of laser radiation which may cause injury if not used properly. Protective eyewear or goggles should be worn. It is important to keep the eye protection on at all times during treatment in order to protect your eyes from accidental laser exposure and serious injury.
- Infection: A risk of infection exists whenever the skin is wounded. The possibility for infection exists even with non-ablative fractional laser devices such the Fraxel.
- Keloid Formation: A thickened scar can result from excessive growth of fibrous tissue.
So after you’ve gone through your course of treatments, how long do the results last?
Well any collagen that’s laid down as part of the laser, in theory should last around 15 years. What we find clinically, generally after about two to three years people find they need a bit of a freshen up treatment.
6- A Patient’s Report Post One Month with Fraxel Dual laser treatment:
Before and After (Almost 8 weeks) Post Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment
RECOMMENDED STAY – Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment
This is an outpatient procedure, however average patient needs to come every month for one session (average 3 sessions). Most travel patients give us a visit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for this treatment. However, it would be more convenient if you find a dermatologist in your hometown to avoid the long travel.
Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment in Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgits)
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
|Treatment Areas||Fees (Per one session)||Accommodation||Insurance (optional)||Flight To Malaysia Price|
|Fraxel Full Face||3300||Check tripadvisor.com for best offers||1700||Check skyscanner.net for best offers|
|Fraxel Full Face+Neck||4950|
Total Fraxel Dual costs noted above include:
- Surgeon + Facility Fees.
- Medication required.
- Transportation (to and from) hospital is provided (if needed).
- Travel insurance + medical complications insurance (optional), which covers you if anything goes wrong with your treatment. Which is found in seprate section under “insurance”
Our Suggested Aesthetic Specialists For Fraxel Dual Laser Treatment
Choosing a aesthetic doctor based on the low price might be the most expensive choice if the initial cosmetic results are so poor that aesthetic doctor must be paid to repair the work of the first physician if the repair is possible. In Makeovervacations we always choose the top aesthetic doctor in town even if it’ll cost a little bit extra, for the sake of high quality & best results. do click here to read about our surgeons.
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering Fraxel Dual we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly