Breast Augmentation Abroad – Malaysia – Patient Reviews
Breast augmentation is a major step for most women, and often a positive one. Studies have shown that breast implants can help boost self-esteem, body image, and sexual satisfaction. We do understand that the journey to the operating table can be emotionally painful for some. But with the new verified technologies in breast augmentation, many surgeons call it a lunch time procedure, that can be done and patient enjoy the results and go home on the same day.
However, most any surgeon can surgically implant a breast implant. But, not every plastic surgeon can consistently perform breast augmentation surgery in a manner that leaves a woman with a very natural and beautiful result.
What is breast augmentation?
WHEN TO DECIDE THAT YOU NEED Breast Augmentation?
- lack of upper pole fullness of the breasts
- lack of projection of the breasts
- not enough cleavage
- asymmetry of the breasts
- disproportionate balance of overall figure
- tubular (tuberous) breast shape
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR Breast augmentation?
- A healthy women at least 18 years of age (for Saline Implants)
- A healthy women over the age 22 (for Silicone Gel Implants)
- young women whose breasts never developed, a condition called micromastia.
- young women who have developed asymmetrical breasts
Also these are the ones that are NOT good candidates for breat augmentation
- A woman who has an active infection anywhere in the body
- A woman with existing cancer or pre-cancer who has not received adequate treatment for those conditions.
- A woman who is currently pregnant or breast-feeding.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM Breast Augmentation
- Increase fullness and projection of the breasts.
- Enlarge a naturally small breast, most commonly the result of heredity.
- Restore breast volume and/or shape lost following pregnancy, breastfeeding and/or weight loss.
- Improve moderate asymmetry of the breasts.
- Reconstruction after surgery to treat breast cancer (Mastectomy)
WHAT TO NOT EXPECT
Breast implants will NOT improve sagging or drooping breasts. To address sagging and drooping, you’ll want to consider the breast augmentation procedure combined with a breast lift.
A breast implant can only be performed surgically; non-surgical rejuvenation treatments cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time at which breast implants becomes appropriate
Whatsapp on +60196610088
YOUR GOALS AND Breast CHARACTERISTICS WILL DEFINE THE APPROACH TO PROCEDURE
Women considering breast augmentation often focus on the size of the implant. Your breast size after surgery depends on two main factors: how big you were before surgery and the volume of the implant inserted.
The volumes of the breast implants are measured in CCs, (30cc = 1oz). You can get a rough idea of how big you might look after surgery by placing the desired volume of water in a freezer bag and then placing it in the lower part of your bra.
We usually tell our patients to try actual implants by placing them inside different bra sizes to try during their consult. You should bring two different types of tops (a blouse and a tank top) with you to your consultation. This will help you make your decision about the implant size.
The most popular type of breast implant in our practice is high profile (HP) silicone. We recently did an analysis of our last 125 cases to determine the most popular implant size is 400cc.
PREPARING FOR Breast Augmentation SURGERY
These points need to be addressed with your surgeon prior to your breast implant operation:
- Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants, or shaped, form stable breast implants
- How many cc’s?
- Incision locations
- With or without a lift
- Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
- Breast augmentation after pregnancy
- Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
- Recovery and downtime
NOTE: You have to understand every case is unique, how much you read it’s just to enhance your understanding to the procedure. But at the end You and your surgeon will together decide which incision choice is best for you: underarm incision, incision in the crease of the breast (inframammary fold), or through removal of the areola. And also the implant types (silicone or saline)
If you are a smoker, you will need to quit at least two weeks before the surgery and two weeks after. You cannot just plan to cut down. You must not smoke for this time period to ensure proper healing. You should also get ready for surgery by mentally preparing for the downtime and making arrangements for transportation and after-care. We usually recommend to take one to two weeks off from work. The doctor or the administrative team can also explain financing options.
During your Breast Augmentation consultation, you will be shown breast implant size charts, look at and feel various pre-filled implant samples, and try on a range of sizers (differently sized implant samples).
Silicone vs saline vs gummy bear, which is better?
This video from The Doctors episode will give you a more clear idea on the outpatient procedure of breast implants
Breast augmentation PROCEDURE STEPS
For the utmost safety, your anesthesia is administered only by Board Certified Anesthesiologists.
|Quick Facts||Double Check|
|Hospitalization||Although there are some breast augmentation techniques in Malaysia that don’t require hospitalization, it is up to your surgeon to recommend or not to stay overnight at the clinic.|
|Stitch Removal Day||7-14 Days after surgery. It depends on where you choose to have your incision and your healing process. You will be going to the clinic 3-5 times and the removal day will be decided after your doctor check your breast condition.|
|How long is the operation?||1.5 to 2 hours. Since general anaesthesia is used, the doctor will try best to complete the surgery as soon as he can. Of course, what’s more important is safety and best results, so some doctors may take a longer time for breast augmentation.|
The Difference Between Over or Under the Muscle
Opinions certainly vary but among most Plastic Surgeons today the most common answer you will get is under the muscle.
- More tissue covering the Breast Implant
- Less risk of Visible folds or Ripples
- Less risk of firmness or capsular contracture
But in some cases over the muscle is good for:
- faster recovery
- women with enough natural breast tissue to cover the implant
- women with drooping who want larger breasts without a breast lift
Breast Incision Locations
During breast augmentation, there is an incision made to insert the actual implant. There are three main choices of incision locations: inframammary, infraareolar, and axillary. I rarely performs the TUBA as I prefer to work through the nipple, especially since most of our patients select silicone implants.
Breast Augmentation RECOVERY
Note: These are general guidelines. Please ask your doctor to fully explain what your expectations should be post surgery.
- Tightness/Pressure in the Chest – If your implants were placed under the muscle, you are pretty much guaranteed to experience tightness and pressure. Your pectoral muscles now have breast implants underneath them. The muscles need time to stretch out over the implants. As these muscles gradually stretch, the feeling of tightness will gradually dissipate over the course of two weeks. Some women, and plastic surgeons as well, describe this feeling as an elephant being on your chest. Others describe it as badly pulled muscles, or how one might feel one day after doing a thousand push-ups.
- Feeling of Engorgement – For those of you who have had children, you know exactly what engorgement feels like. For those of you who have not had children, here is an explanation. A few days after giving birth, your milk begins to come in. If you do not breastfeed, or if your baby isn’t feeding enough, your breasts will swell. They will become warm, tender, and painful. There is also a feeling of great pressure on the breasts, and they may feel very heavy. Many women experience this same feeling after breast augmentation surgery. It usually goes away within one week after surgery.
- Stiffness/Tightness upon Waking in the Morning – You will notice upon waking that you feel extra stiff. This is normal, and the feeling does dissipate once you get up and start moving around. The morning stiffness can persist for several weeks, but should become more and more manageable with each passing day.
- Sore creases – This is yet another common feeling after breast augmentation surgery. Many times, the crease has to be lowered in order for the breast implant to be centered behind the nipple/areola. This can cause the creases to be more tender and sore after surgery.
- Post-op depression or post-op “blues – With any type of surgery, post-op depression is a possibility, and is not uncommon. Depression can be attributed to pain, anesthesia, narcotics/pain medications, and various other things. Lack of sleep can exaggerate these feelings.
Normally, you are seen by the doctor or nurse within 2-3 days of surgery. Then the most important visit would be after 1 week. As you will be provided with complete instructions on how to takecare of your implant for the first month. Of course, if there is a need, you’ll be asked for more visits.
You can normally go back to work after 10 days, although heavy lifting and strenuous exercise should be avoided for around 3 weeks.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS – Breast Augmentation SURGERY
We minimize risks and complications of breast augmentation surgery by selecting patients carefully and always having the most skilled surgeons, physicians and nurses carry out procedures. However, despite the highest standards, complications can occur. They are rare, and most patients will not have complications, but if you have concerns about possible complications, please discuss these with your doctor.
You are at increased risk of complications if you have diabetes, poor circulation, heart, lung or liver disease, smoke, have a family history of blood clots, take certain medications, etc. You must disclose all these conditions to the surgeon before booking your breast augmentation surgery.
Note: Our registered nursing staff will monitor you in the post-anesthesia recovery area after your surgery. Your doctor will allow you to go home after the effects of anesthesia have worn off, accompanied by our MV dedicated helper for you.
THE LESS COMMON (rare) COMPLICATIONS OF Breast Augmentation SURGERY INCLUDES:
All surgical procedures carry some risk. Possible complications from a breast implant include:
- Capsular contracture—scar tissue around an implant that causes pain, ﬁrmness, and sometimes, a misshapen appearance.
- Calciﬁcation—calcium deposits that form in the tissue around an implant, causing hardening and pain.
- Wrinkling and folds—wrinkling or creasing of the implant surface that may result in irritation to surrounding tissue or deﬂation of the implant.
These all may sound scary, but complications are rare. Your surgeon can answer any questions you may have about the risks and can put them in perspective to ease your mind or help you decide not to proceed with surgery.
Your decision to have breast augmentation is a personal one, something you have done for yourself. If the surgery has met your expectations, that’s all that matters
Patient’s experience with Breast Augmentations (After 5+ yrs)
Patient’s experience in getting the treatment in Kuala lumpur Malaysia
Breast Augmentation Before and After Pictures
32 year old underwent submuscular breast augmentation with 420 cc smooth saline filled moderate profile implants inflated to 450 on the right and 420 cc on the left
One month of the healing stages from a patient point of view:
RECOMMENDED STAY – Breast implants SURGERY
The minimum stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Breast Augmentation surgery is 10 nights
Breast Augmentation COST IN MALAYSIA
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
Breast Implant Treatment in Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgits)
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
|Treatment Areas||Fees (Per one session)||Accommodation||Insurance (optional)||Flight To Malaysia Price|
|Silicon round Implant||18500 (for more than 500 cc you add 750 RM)||Check tripadvisor.com for best offers. But we can also arrange affordable guest house stay (let us know)||1700||Check skyscanner.net for best offers|
|Gummy Bear (Tear Drop)||19500 (for more than 500 cc you add 750 RM)|
|Old breast implant removal and new breast augmentation||23000|
Total breast augmentation costs noted below include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Operating Room / Recovery Room Fee (1 ward night)
- Anesthesia Fee (Board Certified Anesthesiogist)
- Implants (saline or silicone, all profiles)
- All follow up office visits
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering a breast augmentation we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly