Breast Lift – Malaysia – Patient’s Reviews
Most of our patients come to us and simply say ‘I want my own breasts back’. This desire to undo the work of gravity usually begins with noticeable sagging. Essentially, the envelope of skin encasing the breast and the ligaments beneath have stretched; the filling has shrunk, giving a pancake shape; and the nipple is facing down rather than straight ahead. Let’s be honest we live in a world where appearance matters. and a saggy breast for a women is less sexy.
Today, most doctors say that fat injections or implants alone are not enough to lift the breast and solve the sagginess, but the results when fat is used in conjunction with a surgical breast lift are impressive.
What is breast lift?
WHEN TO DECIDE THAT YOU NEED Breast Lift?
- sagging or drooping breasts
- downward pointing nipples
- unsightly stretch marks
- overly enlarged areolas
- asymmetry between breasts
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR Breast lift?
If you like the size of your breasts, but not satisfied of the looks you may be a candidate for a breast lift. If, however, you liked your breasts more bigger, you may be a candidate for a breast augmentation or a breast lift with implants.
Also these are the ones that are NOT good candidates for breast lift
- If you plan to have children, you may want to postpone cosmetic breast surgery. Pregnancy may stretch the breasts and reduce their volume, compromising surgery benefits.
- Unhealthy, or have medical problems making you unfit for surgery
- Not realistic about what to expect. It’s good to dream, but if you are imagining all types of unrealistic visions of how this will dramatically change your life, you may not be an ideal candidate.
- Emotionally unstable.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM Breast Lift
- Increase fullness and projection of the breasts.
- Enlarge a naturally small breast, most commonly the result of heredity.
- Restore breast volume and/or shape lost following pregnancy, breastfeeding and/or weight loss.
- Improve moderate asymmetry of the breasts.
- Reconstruction after surgery to treat breast cancer (Mastectomy)
WHAT TO NOT EXPECT
Breast lift will NOT enhance or decrease breast cup size. To address breast enhancement, you’ll want to consider the breast augmentation procedure combined with a breast lift.
YOUR GOALS AND Breast CHARACTERISTICS WILL DEFINE THE APPROACH TO PROCEDURE
If you’re also getting breast implants along with the lift, bring photos showing the size and shape of the breasts you’d like. The surgeon will consider your health and describe your options. The surgeon should also explain the procedure in detail and go over the risks and what the recovery will be like.
Also the decision on what type of lift you should get is totally based on your current condition
- Crescent Lift: Minimal Scarring to Correct Minimal Sagging.
- Peri-Areolar or “Donut” Lift: Corrects Mild Sagging with a Single Scar.
- Vertical or “Lollipop” Lift: Corrects Moderate Sagging & Provides More Extensive Reshaping.
- Inverted T or “Anchor” Lift: Dramatic Reshaping to Correct Extensive Sagging.
Whatsapp on +60196610088
PREPARING FOR Breast Lift SURGERY
These points need to be addressed with your surgeon prior to your breast implant operation:
- How soon can I exercise after surgery?
- May I see pictures of previous patients’ results?
- How much breast tissue are you able to remove?
- How long will I need to be off work?
- What are my post-op restrictions and for how long?
- Approximately what will my final cup size be?
- Where will my incisions be placed?
- What surgical technique do you use?
- How soon may I shower after surgery?
NOTE: We require all of our patients to get medical clearance two weeks prior to surgery. An H&P (history and physical) and a CBC blood test are the minimum requirements for healthy adults. You should stop smoking and refrain from taking aspirin products two weeks prior to surgery. You will also be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight on the evening before your surgery.
This video gives you an A to Z idea on the whole process of breast lift along with before and after (one month)
Breast lift PROCEDURE STEPS
- The surgeon will mark the proper position where your nipple will go. After that, you’ll be brought to the operating room where you’ll get general anesthesia or sedation.
- Your surgeon will select a technique based on your breast size and shape, areola size and position, degree of breast sagging, skin quality and elasticity and how much extra skin you have.
- Your plastic surgeon will remove excess breast skin and shift the nipple and areola to a higher position. If you’re getting implants, the surgeon will insert them and then close and bandage your breasts. You may have tiny drains in your breasts for 24 to 48 hours.
- If your areola has become stretched, it can now be reduced in size.
- Skin that was formerly located above the areola is brought down and together, beneath the breast, to reshape the breast.
- If breast implants are being used, they will be inserted.
- Finally, all incisions are closed with sutures, often strategically placed under the breast so they are not noticeable.
- Scars are usually hidden under the breasts, although some light scarring may be seen on top of the breast.
- The nipples and areolas remain attached to underlying mounds of tissue, and this usually allows for the preservation of sensation and the ability to breast-feed.
- In some patients, it may be possible to avoid the horizontal incision beneath the breast as well as the vertical incision that runs from the bottom edge of the areola to the breast crease. If you are a good candidate for a modified technique, your plastic surgeon will discuss this with you.
Combining a Breast Lift with Augmentation
In some cases, a breast lift alone may not achieve a patient’s desired results. If you feel your breasts look “deflated” or have lost volume due to aging, weight loss, or pregnancy, your cosmetic surgeon can place breast implants during breast lift surgery to restore fullness and shape to the breast. If you have always wanted larger, lifted breasts, a breast augmentation with lift can help you achieve both with a single procedure and recovery.
Breast lift RECOVERY – After Care
Sometimes, it’s best not to look at your recovery as a period, but a process. Preparing for the before and after of a breast lift is just as important as the procedure itself. Trying to shorten your recovery is only going to leave you less satisfied.
This is why it’s crucial to consider the before and after of breast lifts when trying to decide if the procedure is right for you. In order for the process to go smoothly, all aspects need to be looked at– preparation, the surgery itself and recovery.
After a breast lift, your breasts will likely be covered with gauze and a surgical support bra. Small tubes might be placed at the incision sites in your breasts to drain any excess blood or fluid.
Your breasts will be swollen and bruised for about two weeks. You’ll likely feel pain and soreness around the incisions, which will be red or pink for a few months. Numbness in your nipples, areolae and breast skin might last for about six weeks.
Common Supplies for after surgery:
1. Prescribed pain medication
3. Ice packs
4. Surgical bras – you will need at least 2-3 of these. Make sure you wear the bras 24/7 for the first few months. It will help in shaping your new breasts. Only remove to shower and then back on with a clean bra. They are very comfortable and you will be glad to have them.
5. Palmer’s Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil. To start using two weeks after surgery. This will help smooth and heal your scars. Massage them 2-3 times a day for months and your scars will be nearly invisible.
6. Gauze or cotton pads to place under your bra band and over your nipples. You will have some oozing for 7-14 days and this will help keep your bra dry and clean.
8. Healthy protein, fruits and veggies. You need a healthy diet for proper healing. Also drink your water….
NOTE: Normally, you are seen by the doctor or nurse within 2-3 days of surgery. Then the most important visit would be after 1 week. As you will be provided with complete instructions on how to takecare of your implant for the first month. Of course, if there is a need, you’ll be asked for more visits.
You can normally go back to work after 10 days, although heavy lifting and strenuous exercise should be avoided for around 3 weeks.
The Right Garments for Post-care
Most women will wear the surgical bra until the first shower on the second postoperative day. This bra may be washed at this time and replaced or you may substitute any comfortable bra without an underwire. The most appropriate garments are sports bras that have a front closure and wide straps.
Some women feel better with a lot of support, some prefer minimal structure to the bra. There are as many bras as there are body types and sometimes you may need to try several before you find the right fit.
Do not plan on spending a lot on these first stage bras, the appropriate size will change as the breasts heal and swelling decreases. Because a lift often does not alter the size of the breast you may be able to fit in the bras that you already own.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS – Breast lift SURGERY
We minimize risks and complications of breast lift surgery by selecting patients carefully and always having the most skilled surgeons, physicians and nurses carry out procedures. However, despite the highest standards, complications can occur. They are rare, and most patients will not have complications, but if you have concerns about possible complications, please discuss these with your doctor.
You are at increased risk of complications if you have diabetes, poor circulation, heart, lung or liver disease, smoke, have a family history of blood clots, take certain medications, etc. You must disclose all these conditions to the surgeon before booking your breast lift surgery.
Note: Our registered nursing staff will monitor you in the post-anesthesia recovery area after your surgery. Your doctor will allow you to go home after the effects of anesthesia have worn off, accompanied by our MV dedicated helper for you.
THE LESS COMMON (rare) COMPLICATIONS OF Breast Lift SURGERY INCLUDES:
All surgical procedures carry some risk. Possible complications from a breast lift include:
The largest risk is for poor scar. The scar can become thick or wide. Rarely the wound will not heal immediately. You can also have infections, asymmetry, poor nipple position, unusual or decreased sensation or recurrence of the droop. The risks are significantly increased in smokers. Therefore, most Plastic Surgeons will not do this surgery until you stop smoking.
These all may sound scary, but complications are rare. Our surgeons can answer any questions you may have about the risks and can put them in perspective to ease your mind or help you decide not to proceed with surgery.
Your decision to have breast lift is a personal one, something you have done for yourself. If the surgery has met your expectations, that’s all that matters
Do Breast Lifts Give Long-Lasting Results?
To answer this question, you have to consider how breasts change over time. Weight gain adds a lot of excess tissue to the breasts; and if this weight is lost, it’s possible that there will be sagging – whether or not there already has been a breast lift surgical procedure done. Thus, to predict how long-lasting your results will be, you have to predict whether you will have additional weight gain – and weight loss in the future.
Patient’s experience with Breast lift (Post Operation)
Breast Lift Before and After Pictures (30 days)
RECOMMENDED STAY – Breast lift SURGERY
The recommended stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for breast lift surgery is 10 days.
Breast Lift in Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgits)
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
|Treatment Areas||Fees||Accommodation||Insurance (optional)||Flight To Malaysia Price|
|Check tripadvisor.com for best offers||1700||Check skyscanner.net for best offers|
Total breast lift costs noted below include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Operating Room / Recovery Room Fee
- Anesthesia Fee (Board Certified Anesthesiogist)
- All follow up office visits
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering a breast lift we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly