Cheek Augmentation – Malaysia – User Reviews
We recently checked to find not enough cheek implant reviews on Google or in general available on the internet, and a lot of misinformation about them. We simply give you a more detailed yet not long article on cheek augmentation along with doctors reviews, costs and facility.
Unfortunately, as we age, our cheekbones lose volume, and without that underlying structure, skin and muscle start to slide, forming decidedly unlovely jowls and folds.
However, this can be a very challenging decision making as according to one of the patients who have done cheek implants:
“I didn’t really look normal for the first two weeks,” Kara recalls. “I remember going to work after 13 days and coming home and crying and wishing I hadn’t done it; I felt tender and raw. But after one month, I had my picture taken at a big society event, and I looked great. I have a much better proportion to my face, yet I still look like me.”
This is not an easy decision making and needs a lot of considerations to be taken seriously. Besides surgeon’s say it’s an outpatient surgery but it is still a surgery without the toppings added to beautify it. That’s why many start by considering fillers. Which is easily injected and no surgery hassle but this is a quick feedback from one of the patients:
“Fillers weren’t doing it for me anymore,” she says. “It was hard to schedule appointments every six months, I was bruising each time, and the cost was adding up.” She ended up getting cheek silicone implants. (The cost, including hiring a private nurse for two days, was $19,000.)
Ofcourse 19,00 USD is a ridiculous cost compared with same quality treatment in Malaysia. This all enclosed in details in this cheek implant review. (You can skim over obvious info)
What is Cheek implants?
Cheek implants, also sometimes called cheek augmentation, are inserted to enhance cheekbones or to make the cheeks fuller. Like other types of plastic surgery procedures, cheek augmentation can make your face appear more youthful or balance your facial features, making you feel more attractive.
You may also opt for an injectable filler using your own fat or a soft tissue filler.
The surgery is an outpatient procedure. You will be given local anesthesia and sedation to ensure your comfort.
WHEN TO DECIDE THAT YOU NEED A Cheek augmentation?
- If you deal with flat or “sunken” cheeks
- At the skin level, if you find decreased collagen thickness and loss of elasticity lead to formation of wrinkles and sagging.
- Signs of aging of the midface
- One day you look in the mirror and realize that time, gravity, sun exposure and heredity have taken a toll and you simply do not look like yourself any more.
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A cheek implants?
- Skin elasticity.
- Strong bone structure.
- Realistic expectations.
- Good overall health.
- Loose skin on the face or neck.
Also these are the ones that are NOT good candidates for cheek augmentation
- People who have unrealistic goals.
- An individual who has significant jaw misalignment or poor dental occlusion.
- Someone who recently done a Major jaw or dental surgery.
Whatsapp on +60196610088
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM Cheek implants
Cheek implants can correct deep cheek folds, jowls and loose skin on the face and neck. Most patients who undergo rhytidectomy are between the ages of 40 and 70 years old. However, people older than 70 can benefit from the surgery, as well. But age and sex is not a critical factor only the points that is mentioned priorly. Cheek implant usually lasts for decades, maybe forever. Since the implant is placed on the bone deep beneath the skin and usually secured with a single micro screw, it can’t move anywhere. Unlike injectables, fat and lifting procedures, the cheek implants become a permanent part of your facial bones. Remember, although the result is extremely long lasting, the implants may be easily removed with local anesthesia at any time.
WHAT TO NOT EXPECT
a Cheek implant does not change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process.
A Cheek implant can only be performed surgically; non-surgical rejuvenation treatments cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time at which cheek implants becomes appropriate and complement the results of surgery. such as a fillers or botox
YOUR GOALS AND FACIAL CHARACTERISTICS WILL DEFINE THE APPROACH TO PROCEDURE
Contemporary cheek implants and its variations can be performed using several different surgical tools and incision patterns. Each technique has its own advantages and disadvantages, which a doctor can explain during the initial consultation. So for now you really no need to worry much about the very much technical details that will not benefit your decision making. As each person is unique in their own facial characteristics and plastic surgeons try their best to provide the most aesthetic result based on each case.
PREPARING FOR cheek implant SURGERY
These points need to be addressed with your surgeon prior to your cheek implant operation:
- The type of cheek implant
- The type of anesthesia
- The location of the incisions
- How the doctor will close the incisions
- Which procedures, if any, should be combined with the cheek implant
- The approximate recovery time
You should also get ready for surgery by mentally preparing for the downtime and making arrangements for transportation and after-care. We usually recommend to take one to two weeks off from work. The doctor or the administrative team can also explain financing options.
You should also be aware that there are three general shapes to cheek implants:
- Malar – These implants are placed directly on the cheekbones, providing higher projection.
- Submalar – These implants provide fuller cheeks, rounding out a gaunt, or sunken, appearance.
- Combined – A combined implant augments both the cheekbones and the cheeks.
This video by Dr. Niamtu will give you a more clear idea on the whole cheek augmentation process
Cheek Implants PROCEDURE STEPS
The procedure for placing facial implants follows a similar pattern for all facial areas.
- Surgical markings are drawn on the face to assist the surgeon in implant placement, and to indicate location of underlying structures to avoid.
- The patient is positioned supine (face-up) on the operating table and general anesthesia is administered, along with a local anesthetic.
- The surgeon makes a small incision near where the implant will be placed.
- A pocket is made in the facial tissue in which to insert the implant.
- The implant is gently inserted using a sterilized clamp.
- The incision is closed with sutures and may be bandaged or taped.
Cheek Augmentation RECOVERY
Expect swelling and bruising after cheek implant surgery. During this procedure, implants are placed directly over the bone. Whenever surgeons manipulate the bone and facial surgery patients can experience significant swelling and bruising. To help alleviate this, it is recommended to place ice onto the affected areas and to elevate your head as much as possible. Discuss with your plastic surgeon the diet that he wishes you to be on and if any mouthwashes are recommended. This is important if the implants were placed on intraoral approach.– However these are some instructions most plastic surgeons advice for speed recovery:
- Be careful for awhile in lifting your upper lip to brush your teeth to avoid aggravating the incision sites. It’s also be hard to raise top lip in general for 2-3 days.
- Avoid using diuretics. They will have minimal effects on the face and could cause other problems.
- Keep your stress levels down, avoid any exercise or activities that would increase your heart rate and blood pressure, avoid aspirin, Motrin, Vit E and many herbals.
- Use ice and manual lymphatic drainage and you will be doing about all you can to hasten your recovery. Mother nature will take care of the rest.
Normally, you are seen by the doctor or nurse within 2-3 days of surgery. Then the most important visit would be after 1 week. As you will be provided with complete instructions on how to takecare of your implant for the first month. Of course, if there is a need, you’ll be asked to more visits. After the first year, we encourage our patients to come in for routine follow-up visits every 3-5 years.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS – Cheek implant SURGERY
We minimize risks and complications of cheek implants surgery by selecting patients carefully and always having the most skilled surgeons, physicians and nurses carry out procedures. However, despite the highest standards, complications can occur. They are rare, and most patients will not have complications, but if you have concerns about possible complications, please discuss these with your doctor.
You are at increased risk of complications if you have diabetes, poor circulation, heart, lung or liver disease, smoke, have a family history of blood clots, take certain medications, etc. You must disclose all these conditions to the surgeon before booking your cheek implants surgery.
THE LESS COMMON (rare) COMPLICATIONS OF cheek implants SURGERY INCLUDES:
- Bruising and swelling – usually settles after 1-2 weeks, but sometimes can take up to a month or more.
- Wounds may take longer to heal, there may be some bleeding and infection may require treatment with antibiotics.
- A chest infection may develop after general anesthetic.
- In extremely rare cases, a blood clot may develop, which could be risky if it moves to the heart, brain or lungs.
- A sore throat may develop after breathing through the breathing tube used during anesthesia.
- In few cases, the face will continue to change with time. However, the beneficial effects of this operation will last for many years. As you age and the soft tissues overlying your implant get thinner, your implant may become visible or palpable. If this happens, you may need corrective surgery to cover the implant.
REVIEWS & ADVICES FROM SURGEONS ON cheek implants
Real users experience with Cheek implants OVERSEAS
This is one of the first hand experience from a guy medical traveller decided to go for cheek implants
RECOMMENDED STAY – Cheek implants SURGERY
The recommended stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for cheek implant surgery is 7 days.
Cheek implants BEFORE AND AFTER (IN ONE MONTH PERIOD)
Cheek Implants Cost in Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgits)
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
|Type of Treatment||Cost of Procedure||Accommodation in 5 start hotel (optional)||Insurance (optional)||Flight Rates to Malaysia|
|Cheek Implants||13800||There are many budget friendly accommodation on TripAdvisor and we also provide by request.||1700||Skyscanner.com|
|Dimple (one side)||4400|
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering a cheek implants we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly