Chin Implants – Malaysia – Patients Reviews
Most people do not scrutinize the chin like they do other facial features, a weak, receding chin can have a negative effect on the overall facial profile. By enhancing the appearance of the chin, the rest of the facial features may be brought into proper balance and the facial profile may be greatly improved. The goal of the procedure is to balance the profile by enhancing a weak chin and improving overall facial harmony. A weak chin will often make the face appear ‘bird-like’ and pointy and may also make the neck appear too fat.
What is Chin implants?
Chin augmentation – also referred to as chin enlargement – is an effective means to enhance facial definition and build a more exact profile. This is a simple surgical procedure, which uses implants to change the underlying structure of the face. an incision is made underneath the chin and a pocket is created by the facial cosmetic surgeon above the chin bone and below the muscle in which to place the implant. The customized implant is then positioned, and the pocket is closed using fine stitches.
WHEN TO DECIDE THAT YOU NEED A Chin augmentation?
- Patients who feel they have a weak chin on profile
- Often patients presenting for rhinoplasty may benefit from chin enhancement to better restore facial balance and harmony.
- Older patients may seek this to restore a better neck line, or as part of a facelift procedure.
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A chin implants?
- Skin elasticity.
- Strong bone structure.
- Realistic expectations.
- Good overall health.
- Loose skin on the face or neck.
Also these are the ones that are NOT good candidates for chin implants
- People who have unrealistic goals.
- If there is a significant occlusal problem (abnormal “bite”), patients may be referred for an orthodontic or maxillo-facial opinion.
- Someone who recently done a Major jaw or dental surgery.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM Chin implants
Chin augmentation techniques have recently become much more simplified because the majority of the old complicated bone and/or cartilage graft techniques have been abandoned for the more predictable, less traumatic techniques that utilize prefabricated silicone implants. It should be mentioned that the implant does not add vertical length to the chin because some patients misunderstand a chin augmentation and falsely believe that it will create a “witches chin” or a Jay Leno type chin. This is certainly not the case and the surgery only adds projection in the profile view and not length in the frontal view of the face. A chin implant also corrects the “pouty” look to the lower face and creates a more pleasant, balanced facial expression after the surgery.
Main benefits of Chin implants
- Improves facial harmony and aesthetic balance
- Improves jaw line contour and definition
- Improves face / neck contrast
- Ability to customize to each patient’s individual situation
- Safely performed in combination with almost any other facial plastic procedure
WHAT TO NOT EXPECT
a chin implant does not change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process.
A chin implant can only be performed surgically; non-surgical rejuvenation treatments cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time at which chin implants becomes appropriate and complement the results of surgery. such as a fillers.
Whatsapp on +60196610088
YOUR GOALS AND FACIAL CHARACTERISTICS WILL DEFINE THE APPROACH TO PROCEDURE
The procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure with intravenous sedation, and provides a complete recovery in approximately one week. During the consultation, an analysis of the patients face from a profile view will be performed and recommendations made with the assistance of digital imaging.
Chin enhancement surgery: Utilizes a chin implant to add volume to patients who have unsymmetrical facial profiles due to having a “weak chin” and prominent other features.
Chin reduction surgery: Can correct an over projected chin, allowing the chin to complement other facial features and enhancing the patients overall appearance.
PREPARING FOR Chin implant SURGERY
These points need to be addressed with your surgeon prior to your chin implant operation:
- The type of chin implant
- The type of anaesthesia
- The location of the incisions
- How the doctor will close the incisions
- Which procedures, if any, should be combined with the chin implant
- The approximate recovery time
You should also get ready for surgery by mentally preparing for the downtime and making arrangements for transportation and after-care. We usually recommend to take one to two weeks off from work. The doctor or the administrative team can also explain financing options.
You should also be aware that sizes of chin implant would be based on the ideal size of chin based on your facial characteristics:
The ideal size of the chin is somewhat subjective and depends on other factors such as the overall size of the face, size of the nose, and height of the individual. But, as a general rule, in a profile view, the front of the chin should come close to a vertical line drawn from the vermilion border of the lower lip. In women the chin can be a few millimeters behind that line, while in men the chin can be a few millimeters in front of that line. The front border of a weak chin is usually significantly set back from this ideal line.
WHAT ARE CHIN IMPLANTS MADE OUT OF?
Typically, chin implants are made from either gortex, silastic (solid silicone) or medpore. Silicone chin implants are currently the most commonly used as they are very effective and safe.
This video from the DRS episode will give you a more clear idea on the whole chin augmentation process
Chin Implants PROCEDURE STEPS
Usually done under local anaesthetic and deep IV sedation as a day case. A small (2.5cm) incision is made in the chin crease (under the chin) and a pocket is developed for the implant, which will rest on the chin bone (mandible). I tend to favour the Mittleman prejowl chin implant made in the USA by Implantech, which has long arms that blend nicely into the mandible and also fill out the prejowl sulcus.
The procedure for placing facial implants follows a similar pattern for all facial areas.
- A cut is made, either inside the mouth or outside under the chin. A pocket is created in front of the chin bone and under the muscles. The implant is placed inside.
- The surgeon may use real bone or fat tissue, or an implant made out of silicone, Teflon™, Dacron, or newer biological inserts.
- The implant is usually attached to the bone with sutures or screws.
- Sutures are used to close the surgical cut. When the cut is inside the mouth, the scar can barely be seen.
Duration of the procedure
- The procedure takes between 1 and 3 hours.
You should also know that:
Chin augmentation is commonly done at the same time as a nose job (rhinoplasty) or facial liposuction (when fat is removed from under the chin and neck).
Surgery to correct bite problems can be done at the same time as chin surgery.
Chin Augmentation RECOVERY
Expect swelling and bruising after chin implant surgery. During this procedure, implants are placed directly over the bone. Whenever surgeons manipulate the bone and facial surgery patients can experience significant swelling and bruising. To help alleviate this, it is recommended to place ice onto the affected areas and to elevate your head as much as possible. Discuss with your plastic surgeon the diet that he wishes you to be on and if any mouthwashes are recommended. This is important if the implants were placed on intraoral approach.– However these are some instructions most plastic surgeons advice for speed recovery:
- Avoid using diuretics. They will have minimal effects on the face and could cause other problems.
- Keep your stress levels down, avoid any exercise or activities that would increase your heart rate and blood pressure, avoid aspirin, Motrin, Vit E and many herbals.
- Use ice and manual lymphatic drainage and you will be doing about all you can to hasten your recovery. Mother nature will take care of the rest.
Normally, you are seen by the doctor or nurse within 2-3 days of surgery. Then the most important visit would be after 1 week. As you will be provided with complete instructions on how to takecare of your implant for the first month. Of course, if there is a need, you’ll be asked for more visits. After the first year, we encourage our patients to come in for routine follow-up visits every 3-5 years or follow up with their local doctors.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS – Chin implant SURGERY
We minimize risks and complications of chin implants surgery by selecting patients carefully and always having the most skilled surgeons, physicians and nurses carry out procedures. However, despite the highest standards, complications can occur. They are rare, and most patients will not have complications, but if you have concerns about possible complications, please discuss these with your doctor.
You are at increased risk of complications if you have diabetes, poor circulation, heart, lung or liver disease, smoke, have a family history of blood clots, take certain medications, etc. You must disclose all these conditions to the surgeon before booking your chin implants surgery.
THE LESS COMMON (rare) COMPLICATIONS OF chin implants SURGERY INCLUDES:
- Bruising and swelling – usually settles after 1-2 weeks, but sometimes can take up to a month or more.
- Wounds may take longer to heal, there may be some bleeding and infection may require treatment with antibiotics.
- A chest infection may develop after general anesthetic.
- In extremely rare cases, a blood clot may develop, which could be risky if it moves to the heart, brain or lungs.
- A sore throat may develop after breathing through the breathing tube used during anesthesia.
- In few cases, the face will continue to change with time. However, the beneficial effects of this operation will last for many years. As you age and the soft tissues overlying your implant get thinner, your implant may become visible or palpable. If this happens, you may need corrective surgery to cover the implant.
REVIEWS & ADVICES FROM SURGEONS ON chin implants
Real users experience with chin implants OVERSEAS
This is one of the first hand experience from a guy medical traveller decided to go for chin implants
RECOMMENDED STAY – chin implants SURGERY
The recommended stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for chin implants surgery is 7 days.
chin implants BEFORE AND AFTER (IN ONE MONTH PERIOD)
One month follow up with a patient and she said:
Chin Implants Cost in Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgits)
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
|Type of Treatment||Cost of Procedure||Accommodation in 5 start hotel (optional)||Insurance (optional)||Flight Rates to Malaysia|
|Chin Augmentation||9400||There are many budget friendly accommodation on TripAdvisor and we also provide by request.
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering a chin implants we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly