Eyebrow Lift – Malaysia – Doctor Reviews
The effects of aging are inevitable, and, often, the brow and forehead area show the first signs. The brow or forehead lift raises the brows in order to remove the appearance of forehead wrinkles and frown lines. It also improves the overall appearance of the upper eye. Based on variations in how men and women age and on new advances in medical technology, different methods are used to perform this procedure.
Our natural eyebrow position, the effects of gravity and fat deflation, how active our eyebrow and forehead muscles are, and previous eyelid, eyebrow or forehead surgeries (if applicable), all contribute to the position our eyebrows are in today. The face sends a message, and the position of the eyebrows is a significant part of that message. That message could be, “I feel worried,” “I feel angry,” or “I feel stressed.” The message could also be, “I feel calm, rested, and relaxed.”There are several types of eyebrow and forehead lifts. The type you and your surgeon choose will depend on your current eyebrow position, facial structure, and on what is possible to maximize your appearance.
What is Eyebrow lift?
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include:
- Upper and or lower eyelid tucks
- Skin resurfacing techniques
When to decide that you need a Eyebrow lift?
- Drooping eyebrows giving the face a tired or sad appearance and making you look older
- Severe cases of drooping brows can affect vision
- Fleshy brow or one that is naturally lined which sometimes gives the face an overly severe or aggressive look
- To look more youthful and attractive
On what basis do plastic surgeons decide you are a good candidate for a Eyebrow lift?
A good candidate for brow lift surgery is typically:
- In good overall health.
- Between 35 and 60 years old, although adults of any age are possible candidates.
- Have some skin elasticity, which helps the body adapt to its new contours.
- Realistic about what to expect.
You may NOT be a candidate if you are:
- Suffering from medical conditions making you unfit for surgery.
- Mentally unstable
What to expect from an Eyebrow lift
Once you have completely healed, you will enjoy your new, revitalized, and refreshed appearance. The forehead will look naturally smooth and wrinkle free; and the repositioned eyebrows will allow the face to appear brighter and more appealing. As the incisions are made behind the hair line, there will be no visible scaring once healed.
Main benefits of brow lift
- Increased overall self-confidence
- Increased self-esteem
- Minimize the horizontal creases that develop across the forehead. Restore brows to a more youthful position.
- Reposition a sagging brow that is “hooding” the upper eyelid
- Correct the asymmetry of the forehead and eyebrows
What to not expect
An eyebrow lift does not change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process.
A eyebrow lift can only be performed surgically; non-surgical rejuvenation treatments cannot achieve the same results, like botox, but may help delay the time at which a eyebrow lift becomes appropriate and complement the results of surgery.
Your goals and facial characteristics will define the approach to procedure
the surgeon will describe:
- The technique indicated
- Type of anesthesia recommended
- The surgical facility
- Any additional surgery
- Possible complications
- Costs of the procedure
Preparing for Eyebrow lift surgery
Preparing for your eyebrow lift may include:
- Lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Taking certain medications or adjusting your current medications
- Stopping smoking well in advance of surgery
- Avoiding aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements due to increased bleeding.
You should also get ready for surgery by mentally preparing for the downtime and making arrangements for transportation and after-care. We usually recommend to take one week off from work. The doctor or the administrative team can also explain financing options.
Eyebrow lift procedure steps
Step 1 – Anaesthesia – The brow lift operation is performed under general anaesthetic and takes between one and two hours to complete depending on the technique used.
Step 2 – Incisions – A full forehead lift is generally performed using an endoscope (a surgical video device) and special instrument that allows your surgeon to reposition the tissue and muscle beneath the skin, alter them or remove them to correct the source of visible creases and furrows in the forehead. Correction of sagging brows alone may be made, with or without the use of an endoscope, through incisions at the temples and in the scalp.
Step 3 – Closing the Incisions – Your surgeon may choose one of several methods to close the incisions, including skin adhesives, special clips, sutures (removable or absorbable), and surgical tape.
Step 4 – Recovery, Healing, Rejuvenation – Bruising and swelling are normal and to be expected following a brow lift. You should be able to return to normal activities in about 2 weeks.
There are three types of brow lift surgery (outlined below) and the one chosen by the surgeon for you will depend on your skin type, the condition of your skin and where your hairline is.
Endoscopic brow lift
This minimally invasive procedure is performed in the operating room. It requires 5 small incisions hidden in the hair and leaves no visible scar. Fiberoptic equipment is used to release and elevate the tissue of the brows. Bruising in most patients is minimal and healing time quick.
The Pretrichial Eyebrow/ Forehead
The Pretrichial Eyebrow/ Forehead Lift requires a long incision. This procedure is ideal for patients who want to both lift the eyebrows and raise and shorten the forehead by removing a strip of skin and underlying tissue along the incision.
The “Gull Wing” or Direct Brow Lift
The “Gull Wing” or Direct Brow Lift the surgeon removes a section of skin and underlying tissue above and along the length of the eyebrows. This procedure is ideal for those who do not want to involve the hairline. The “Gull Wing” beautifully lifts a sagging brow while tightening and smoothing the forehead by pulling the skin and tissue of the forehead down rather than up. it can often be done under local anesthesia. It therefore lowers the hairline which is ideal for a receding hairline and/ or a high forehead.
Recovery usually takes two to three weeks, though many patients go back to work in two weeks. Scars are usually not noticeable after enough time has passed for them to mature. they will also fade within three to six months.
In any case, they are easily disguised in natural skin creases, by the hair, or, in persistent cases, by makeup until total healing has occurred. Some points to understand in recovery stage:
- Even though most patients experience very little pain after surgery, the surgeon will still prescribe medication.
- Some degree of swelling and bruising is unavoidable, and your surgeon may instruct you to use cold compresses to keep swelling to a minimum.
- If a dressing has been applied, it will be removed within one to two days.
- The surgeon will also instruct you to keep your head elevated when lying down, to avoid as much activity as possible, and to report any undue discomfort. Though there are few risks in necklift surgery and thousands are performed every year, some risk exists in any surgery.
- In some cases, a drainage tube may have been inserted during surgery. This will be removed on the first or second day after surgery.
Preconditions and risks – Eyebrow lift surgery
We minimize risks and complications of eyebrow lift surgery by selecting patients carefully and always having the most skilled surgeons, physicians and nurses carry out procedures. However, despite the highest standards, complications can occur. They are rare, and most patients will not have complications, but if you have concerns about possible complications, please discuss these with your doctor.
You are at increased risk of complications if you have diabetes, poor circulation, heart, lung or liver disease, smoke, have a family history of blood clots, take certain medications, etc. You must disclose all these conditions to the surgeon before booking your face lift surgery.
The less common complications of forehead/eyebrow lift surgery includes:
- Temporary numbness or itching of the forehead and hair
- Small amount of hair loss in the area of the incision
- Prolonged swelling
What Plastic Surgeons say on Eyebrow lift
Recommended stay – Eyebrow lift surgery
The recommended stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Eyebrow lift surgery is 7 days.
Why many prefer Eyebrow lift overseas?
Because simply you get to be treated as a king. Everyone cares about you starting when you enter the hospital to nurses and your specialist. Usually an overnight stay at the clinic is required – usually 1 night, which is already included in the price of your surgery. After the surgery the client is taken every 2–3 days for a free check up to the clinic. Minimum stay in Kuala lumpur is 5 days after surgery, recommended 7 days.
Eyebrow lift before and after (IN ONE MONTH PERIOD)
EYEBROW LIFT COST IN MALAYSIA
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
TRAVEL INSURANCE COST
Standard travel insurance won’t cover you if you are travelling abroad to have medical treatment.
We’ve provided an indicative cost based on 7.5% of the cost of treatment – this includes travel insurance and medical complications insurance, which covers you if anything goes wrong with your treatment.
Starts from 300 GBP (450 USD)
The actual cost of insurance can vary significantly depending on individual circumstances
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering a eyebrow lift we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly