Inverted Nipple Correction – Malaysia – Before and After
Sometimes a woman can have a perfect size of breasts and symmetry except for one thing an inverted nipple. Many do search for the longest time, to find the right doctor to correct this condition. Our doctors understand this condition and have can be corrected in the most cosmetic matter.
10% of women have inverted nipples and they occur when the milk ducts of the breast (duct system running from the chest wall to the nipple) are short. This leads to the nipple being ‘pulled in’ instead of protruding from the breast mound. Inverted nipples can occur after pregnancy, as well. Many women feel self-conscious about this appearance, and seek improvement. Nipple inversion surgery aims to remedy this appearance. It also should be noted there are related surgeries involve nipple correction that can still be done; (Nipple Augmentation, Nipple Reduction)
What is inverted nipple correction?
An inverted nipple can look flat or a slit like depression or hole at the normal nipple location. There are different degrees of inverted nipples possible. Whether a patient is a candidate for correction of inverted nipples depends on the extent of the problem.
Usually correction of the inverted nipples involve the nipple and areola tissue is lifted from (but still connected to) the breast and stitched into a new, projecting shape utilizing a “purse-string” style of suturing (stitches). Because of the circular shape of the scar around the nipple, scar contracture will actually increase rather than decrease nipple projection. Medicated gauze is then applied to the site.
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR generally nipple correction?
- Nipple correction candidates are men or women who feel that their nipples are too large or feel that their nipples are flat and inverted.
- One or more nipples that are retracted into the tissue of the breast (inverted)
- One or more excessively large nipples
- One or more extremely small nipples
- A lack of confidence caused by disproportionate, asymmetrical, or inverted nipples
- 18 years of age or older
- Not currently pregnant or nursing
- In good physical health
- Psychologically stable
- Realistic in their expectations
- Having this surgery for the first time
Also these are the ones that are NOT good candidates for inverted nipple correction
- If you plan to have children, you may want to postpone nipple correction surgery. Pregnancy may stretch the breasts and compromising surgery benefits.
- Unhealthy, or have medical problems making you unfit for surgery
- Not realistic about what to expect. It’s good to dream, but if you are imagining all types of unrealistic visions of how this will dramatically change your life, you may not be an ideal candidate.
- Emotionally unstable.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM inverted nipple correction
- Restore your confidence in the appearance of your breasts, which we know can have a positive impact.
- Restores nipple erection during sexual intimacy.
WHAT TO NOT EXPECT
Inverted Nipple Correction will NOT help with sensitivity and breast feeding of nipple, our doctors technique involves a smaller incision than other techniques and thereby “preserves” more of the nerves and ducts going into the nipple. However, there is not a guarantee that you’ll be able to breast feed.
YOUR GOALS AND Breast CHARACTERISTICS WILL DEFINE THE APPROACH TO PROCEDURE
There are three degrees of severity :
- Grade 1 – These nipples are occasionally inverted, but will evert spontaneously. Surgery is not required for this group.
- Grade 2 – Nipples in this category will not evert spontaneously, but can be manually pulled out. Surgery can benefit patients in this category.
- Grade 3 – This is the most severely affected group. The nipples cannot manually be pulled out. Surgery is the only method for correction in this group.
How to know which grade you are at?
Take off your shirt and stand in front of a mirror. Holding your breast at the edge of the areola (the dark area of skin surrounding the nipple) between your thumb and forefinger, press inwards about an inch behind your nipple. Be firm but gentle. Depending on the nipple’s response, you can assess the grade of inversion. If pressure released and still nipple protruded it’s grade 1, if goes in after its grade 2, if it didn’t protrude at all it’s grade 3. and usually in grade 2 and 3 you definitely need inverted nipple correction surgery.
Temporary Fixes (Non-Surgical)
Many patients with level 1 or 2 nipple inversion try non-surgical options before seeking breast revision. Suction devices (such as the Avent Niplette) that place constant vacuum pressure on the nipple are a common choice. This type of device is advertised as providing a permanent solution for inverted nipples. However, since it does not correct the underlying structural issue causing the nipples to retract, the effects will wear off once the patient stops wearing the device.
PREPARING FOR Inverted Nipple Correction SURGERY
Our doctor will need a complete medical history, so check your own records ahead of time and be ready to provide this information. First, the surgeon will examine your breasts and check for the extent of the nipple inversion.
He may also recommend a mammogram, or breast x-ray (which is done in same facility). This will not only rule out the very small possibility of breast cancer, but will reveal the breast’s composition and degree of scar tissue. Once he knows how severe the nipple retraction is, he can then choose a surgical approach to best suit your needs.
At this point don’t hesitate to your surgeon for any questions you may have during the initial consultation for inverted nipples– including your concerns about the recommended treatment or the costs involved. ?
NOTE: We require all of our patients to get medical clearance two weeks prior to surgery. An H&P (history and physical) and a CBC blood test are the minimum requirements for healthy adults. You should stop smoking and refrain from taking aspirin products two weeks prior to surgery. You will also be instructed not to eat or drink anything after midnight on the evening before your surgery.
This video gives you an A to Z idea on the whole process of Inverted Nipple Correction along with before and after (one month)
Inverted Nipple Correction PROCEDURE STEPS
Breast nipple procedures are normally performed using a local anaesthetic to numb the breast tissue. You would also usually be given a sedative to make you drowsy, so that you remain awake but feel very little discomfort during the operation.
There are two procedures used in women which may take around 1 or 2 hours to perform:
Inverted nipple correction with partial preservation of milk ducts (in women):
An incision will be made just around the base of the nipple on the areola. The nipple and areola tissue is lifted from (but still connected to) the breast and stitched into a new, projecting shape. This makes the nipple stick out more. As the scar is in the shape of a circle, the tighter skin around the nipple will actually cause the nipple to stick out more as the skin will now “pull” a little. Medicated gauze is then applied to the stitched area.
However, this method is not suitable for severe condition, and there is high risk for recurrence after surgery.
Inverted nipple correction with detached milk ducts:
This procedure is much more common and may be necessary in more difficult cases but it does not preserve the milk ducts fully. An incision is made at the nipple base, and the shortened milk ducts are detached. This allows the nipple to stick out naturally. The incision is then cleaned, stitched and medicated gauze is applied to the wound.
Combining a Inverted Nipple Correction with Augmentation
In some cases, patient’s a Inverted Nipple Correction alone may not achieve a patient’s desired results. If you feel your breasts look “deflated” or have lost volume due to aging, weight loss, or pregnancy, your cosmetic surgeon can place breast implants during Inverted Nipple Correction surgery to restore fullness and shape to the breast.
Inverted Nipple Correction RECOVERY – After Care
Sometimes, it’s best not to look at your recovery as a period, but a process. Preparing for the before and after of a Inverted Nipple Correction is just as important as the procedure itself. Trying to shorten your recovery is only going to leave you less satisfied.
This is why it’s crucial to consider the before and after of inverted nipple correction when trying to decide if the procedure is right for you. In order for the process to go smoothly, all aspects need to be looked at– preparation, the surgery itself and recovery.
Your nipples will be sore after the procedure, but this soreness will probably subside within a few days. Most patients report that this discomfort is easily controlled by medication.
Most are able to shower the next day. However, surgeons may have different post-operative instructions. Normally, sutures are removed at the first post-operative follow-up appointment, about four days after surgery. You will probably be able to return to work within the 24 to 48 hours, unless your work involves strenuous activity.
Common Supplies for after surgery:
1. Prescribed pain medication
3. Ice packs
4. Surgical bras (if with breast augmentation) – you will need at least 2-3 of these. Make sure you wear the bras 24/7 for the first few months. It will help in shaping your new breasts. Only remove to shower and then back on with a clean bra. They are very comfortable and you will be glad to have them.
5. Palmer’s Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil. To start using two weeks after surgery. This will help smooth and heal your scars. Massage them 2-3 times a day for months and your scars will be nearly invisible.
6. Gauze or cotton pads to place under your bra band and over your nipples. You will have some oozing for 7-14 days and this will help keep your bra dry and clean.
8. Healthy protein, fruits and veggies. You need a healthy diet for proper healing. Also drink your water….
The Right Garments for Post-care
Most women will wear the surgical bra until the first shower on the second postoperative day. This bra may be washed at this time and replaced or you may substitute any comfortable bra without an underwire. The most appropriate garments are sports bras that have a front closure and wide straps.
Some women feel better with a lot of support, some prefer minimal structure to the bra. There are as many bras as there are body types and sometimes you may need to try several before you find the right fit.
Do not plan on spending a lot on these first stage bras, the appropriate size will change as the breasts heal and swelling decreases. Because a lift often does not alter the size of the breast you may be able to fit in the bras that you already own.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS – Inverted Nipple Correction SURGERY
We minimize risks and complications of Inverted Nipple Correction surgery by selecting patients carefully and always having the most skilled surgeons, physicians and nurses carry out procedures. However, despite the highest standards, complications can occur. They are rare, and most patients will not have complications, but if you have concerns about possible complications, please discuss these with your doctor.
You are at increased risk of complications if you have diabetes, poor circulation, heart, lung or liver disease, smoke, have a family history of blood clots, take certain medications, etc. You must disclose all these conditions to the surgeon before booking your Inverted Nipple Correction surgery.
- You have to understand The ability to breast feed after any surgery for inverted nipples cannot be guaranteed! This occurs because the ducts are transected (cut through) with the procedure. You should not be assumed that if you have inverted nipples, breast feeding is impossible; Although some women with inverted nipples report that breast feeding can still occur.
- Minor scar in base of nipple although In the nude, the scar tends to be almost invisible after 2 month of procedure result.
Note: Our registered nursing staff will monitor you in the post-anesthesia recovery area after your surgery. Your doctor will allow you to go home after the effects of anesthesia have worn off, accompanied by our MV dedicated helper for you.
THE LESS COMMON (rare) COMPLICATIONS OF inverted nipple correction SURGERY INCLUDES:
All surgical procedures carry some risk. Possible complications from a Inverted Nipple Correction include:
The largest risk is for poor scar. The scar can become thick or wide. Rarely the wound will not heal immediately. You can also have infections, asymmetry, poor nipple position, unusual or decreased sensation or recurrence of the droop. The risks are significantly increased in smokers. Therefore, most Plastic Surgeons will not do this surgery until you stop smoking.
These all may sound scary, but complications are rare. Our surgeons can answer any questions you may have about the risks and can put them in perspective to ease your mind or help you decide not to proceed with surgery.
Your decision to have inverted nipple correction is a personal one, something you have done for yourself. If the surgery has met your expectations, that’s all that matters
Do inverted nipple correction Give Long-Lasting Results?
Following correction of your inverted nipples your nipples will remain permanently everted and have a normal appearance. They will be slightly swollen immediately following the surgery, but will soon settle and you will experience a wide range of benefits.
Patient’s experience with Inverted Nipple Correction (Post Operation)
Inverted Nipple correction Before and After Pictures (30 days)
Grade 2 – correction
Grade 3 – correction
RECOMMENDED STAY – Inverted Nipple Correction SURGERY
The recommended stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Inverted Nipple Correctionsurgery is 4 nights / 5 days.
Inverted Nipple Correction COST IN MALAYSIA
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
Total Inverted Nipple Correction costs noted below include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Operating Room / Recovery Room Fee
- Anesthesia Fee (Board Certified Anesthesiogist)
- All follow up office visits
- Travel insurance + medical complications insurance, which covers you if anything goes wrong with your treatment.
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering a Inverted Nipple correction we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly