Neck Lift – Patient Reviews – One Month Follow Up
If you are unhappy with the appearance of the skin around your neck and jaw area or you feel you have ‘turkey neck’, you may want to consider undergoing a neck lift procedure to restore a youthful appearance to your neck.
One of the first places to show signs of ageing is the neck area. Sagging skin is a dead giveaway of your age and almost impossible to fight with over-the-counter products.
What is Neck Lift?
Most patients’ concerns with the appearance of the neck can be simplified by categorizing them into anatomical components:
- Excess fat (e.g. ‘double chin’)
- muscle banding due to lax muscles (vertical cords commonly seen in the necks of older patients)
- excess skin or stretched skin (e.g. ‘turkey neck’)
Neck Lift Surgery is usually incorporated into a facelift procedure as neck sagging is usually accompanied by sagging of the jowls or skin over the lower jaw, and the best way to correct this requires a combination of Neck Lift Surgery and lower Facelift Surgery. As with all our patients, no two people present with the same problem, and therefore no two people ever require the same solution.
WHEN TO DECIDE THAT YOU NEED A Neck lift?
- Neck is often where the effects of ageing first begin to show.
- Appearance of vertical bands, lines and wrinkles.
- If you lose a lot of weight you may be left with excess skin under the chin and around the neck area.
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A Neck lift?
- Skin elasticity.
- Strong bone structure.
- Realistic expectations.
- Good overall health.
- Loose skin on the face or neck.
Also these are the ones that are NOT good candidates for cheek augmentation
- People who have unrealistic goals.
- Someone who recently done a Major jaw or dental surgery.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM Necklift surgery
The results of a neck lift procedure are visible almost immediately. Your final results may take several months for all subtle swelling to subside.
While every patient is unique and cannot be categorized, the ideal time to have a necklift is before “10 years of aging” has occurred. In most, this is between the ages of 45 and 55.
Whatsapp on +60196610088
Main benefits of Neck lift
- Improves facial harmony and aesthetic balance
- Lifts loose or sagging skin
- Tightens the lax neck muscles (‘neck bands’)
- Removes neck fat and ‘double chin’ fat.
- Safely performed in combination with almost any other facial plastic procedure
WHAT TO NOT EXPECT
a neck lift does not change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process.
A neck lift can only be performed surgically; non-surgical rejuvenation treatments cannot achieve the same results.
YOUR GOALS AND FACIAL CHARACTERISTICS WILL DEFINE THE APPROACH TO PROCEDURE
The procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure (however sometimes patients may need to stay overnight in hospital), and provides a complete recovery in 7 – 14 days.
Depending on your individual concerns, there are a different types of necklift procedures to choose from that can help improve the appearance of your neck:
- Mini-Neck lift: It’s good for candidates who have a “turkey waddle” appearance to their neck. This is a newer technique that involves excising the excessive neck muscle and skin through a small incision in the chin. Usually done with the ones who have more limited signs of aging in the neck and no excess skin.
- Neck Liposuction: A patient with only excess fat can be treated with Neck Liposuction.
- Combination Neck lift: It is common to combine a necklift procedure with other cosmetic surgery such as a facelift, chin lift or any procedure that improves the jawline, jowls and cheek area, which might involve liposuction. and only done when a patient has skin excess (i.e. loose, sagging, or stretched), or inelastic neck skin
PREPARING FOR Neck lift SURGERY
These points need to be addressed with your surgeon prior to your neck lift operation:
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon may also:
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your neck lift procedure options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a neck lift and any risks or potential complications.
If you are a smoker, you will need to quit at least two weeks before the surgery and two weeks after. You cannot just plan to cut down. You must not smoke for this time period to ensure proper healing. You should also get ready for surgery by mentally preparing for the downtime and making arrangements for transportation and after-care. We usually recommend to take one to two weeks off from work. The doctor or the administrative team can also explain financing options.
This video from The Doctors episode will give you a more clear idea on only one of the benefits (double chin removal) of the whole Neck lift process
Neck lift PROCEDURE STEPS
The procedure for necklift follows a similar pattern for all facial areas however there are several approaches:
- An incision can be made behind the ear or alternatively in front of and behind the ear, similar to a facelift incision. In this technique, excess neck skin is removed through the incision made behind the ear. by first releasing the muscle from the skin before the neck muscles are pulled tight. After the skin is tightened, excess skin is eliminated through additional incisions around the ear. This can provide a very dramatic improvement to the neck, and it’s frequently performed as part of a facelift.
- An alternative method, involves creating an incision under the chin without removing any skin and without the need for an incision in front of the ear. Release of the neck skin from the underlying muscles allows the skin to contract without skin removal. The platysma muscle (platysmaplasty) is also tightened through the chin incision.
- In the elderly, skin is removed directly from under the chin through a zig-zag incision. No incision is therefore made in front of or behind the ear. This reduces the complexity of the procedure.
Duration of the procedure
- Neck Lift Surgery takes 1 to 3 hours under general anaesthetic, with a day or overnight stay.
Neck lift RECOVERY
Note: These are general guidelines. Please ask your doctor to fully explain what your expectations should be post surgery.
- Even though most patients experience very little pain after surgery, the surgeon will still prescribe medication.
- Some degree of swelling and bruising is unavoidable, and your surgeon may instruct you to use cold compresses to keep swelling to a minimum.
- If a dressing has been applied, it will be removed within one to two days.
- The surgeon will also instruct you to keep your head elevated when lying down, to avoid as much activity as possible, and to report any undue discomfort. Though there are few risks in neck lift surgery and thousands are performed every year, some risk exists in any surgery.
- In some cases, a drainage tube may have been inserted during surgery. This will be removed on the first or second day after surgery.
- All sutures and staples are usually removed within five to 10 days following surgery. Surgeons generally recommend that patients avoid vigorous activity.
- Patients should prearrange for post-surgery support from family and friends.
Normally, you are seen by the doctor or nurse within 2-3 days of surgery. Then the most important visit would be after 1 week. As you will be provided with complete instructions on how to takecare of your self for the first month. Of course, if there is a need, you’ll be asked for more visits.
You can normally go back to work after 10 days, although heavy lifting and strenuous exercise should be avoided for around 3 weeks.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS – neck lift SURGERY
We minimize risks and complications of neck lift surgery by selecting patients carefully and always having the most skilled surgeons, physicians and nurses carry out procedures. However, despite the highest standards, complications can occur. They are rare, and most patients will not have complications, but if you have concerns about possible complications, please discuss these with your doctor.
You are at increased risk of complications if you have diabetes, poor circulation, heart, lung or liver disease, smoke, have a family history of blood clots, take certain medications, etc. You must disclose all these conditions to the surgeon before booking your neck lift surgery.
Note: Our registered nursing staff will monitor you in the post-anesthesia recovery area after your surgery. Your doctor will allow you to go home after the effects of anesthesia have worn off, accompanied by our MV dedicated helper for you.
THE LESS COMMON (rare) COMPLICATIONS OF neck lift SURGERY INCLUDES:
All surgical procedures carry some risk. Possible complications from a neck lift include:
- Bruising and swelling – usually settles after 2-3 days, but sometimes can take up to a week or more.
- Wounds may take longer to heal, there may be some bleeding and infection may require treatment with antibiotics.
- In few cases, the face will continue to change with time. However, the beneficial effects of this operation will last for many years.
- Tightness or tingling and different sensations including burning or pulling
- Numbness on the skin, which is normal in the first few weeks following surgery
- Risk of infection (At the first sign of a fever or unusual discharge from the incision site, contact your doctor)
- Allergic reaction to medications given during or after your surgery (very rare).
Patient’s experience with Necklift (Before and After)
RECOMMENDED STAY – neck lift SURGERY
The recommended stay in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for neck lift surgery is 7 days.
One month follow up and she said:
Neck Lift Cost in Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgits)
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
|Type of Treatment||Cost of Procedure||Accommodation in 5 start hotel (optional)||Insurance (optional)||Flight Rates to Malaysia|
|Neck Lift||13200||There are many budget friendly accommodation on TripAdvisor and we also provide by request.||1700||Skyscanner.com|
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering a neck lift we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly