Thermage CPT Technology For Skin Tightening – Patients Reviews
Everyone will eventually experience the inevitable signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging of jowls and neck. The interesting part about Thermage is to date physicians in over 2500 practices and 80 countries have treated patients with it. That’s more than 1 million treatments for women and men of all ethnicities, each with their own reasons for wanting to look and feel younger. It obtained FDA approval for treatment of wrinkles around the eyes in 2002, facial wrinkles in 2004, and all body laxity and cellulite in 2005. But does it work? How does it work? And what should you expect? We will cover all of these answers here
What is Thermage?
Thermage uses a unique form of radio frequency (RF) energy to simultaneously tighten existing collagen and stimulate the skin to produce more collagen for an overall younger looking appearance The result is tightened skin, producing a kind of “lift” without a single incision. Plus it typically works in just one treatment with little-to-no down time and delivers results that appear natural-looking. Before, during and after each gentle touch of the device tip, the surface of the skin is cooled with a cryogen spray, while the deeper tissue, called the dermis, is treated by radiofrequency heating..
Thermage procedures can effectively and safely treat skin on most body parts, including the face, eyes, lips, tummy, arms, hands, thighs and buttocks.
WHEN TO DECIDE THAT YOU NEED Thermage?
- Reducing facial wrinkles.
- Reduces excess fat in a variety of body areas
- Can be used to treat all areas of the face and body
- Tightens the skin
- You are busy and want to tighten skin in only one session and can’t afford the time for other procedures that needs more than (4 sessions like Exilis)
- Tightens the skin
- When you are not qualified for or do not want surgical face lift
- Signs of neck/brow/eyelid sagging
ON WHAT BASIS DO PLASTIC SURGEONS DECIDE YOU ARE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR Thermage?
- Medical conditions – The best candidates for Thermage treatments are people who are physically healthy, but have no metal implants (pacemaker) as well as any active implanted device. Thermage is also contraindicated for women who are pregnant or lactating. Please be sure to share your complete medical history with us so we can make sure Thermage is right for you.
- Cost – (cost at end of this review)
- Age – (can’t be below age 20)
There are only 6 dis-qualifiers for Thermage
- Existing weakness in the targeted muscles
- Deep facial scars.
- Skin disorders.
- Very young patients (below 20).
- Any kind of body implant (pacemaker)..etc
Things to Know Before Going for Thermage
Thermage is not a laser, nor a laser device. They work in totally different ways. There is no skin peeling, pigment change or prolonged healing associated with its use. The RF energy heats the undersurface of the skin causing collagen remodeling.
No special prep is needed except to drink plenty of water beforehand. The non-surgical treatment requires no anesthesia or recovery period. You’re free to return to your usual routine as soon as the session is finished.
One of the most attractive aspects of Thermage® treatment is that results can be achieved in only one treatment session. This is a particular advantage over treatments such as laser skin tightening. Most laser treatments require as many as 10 or more treatment sessions in order to be fully successful. Thermage® is more convenient for patients, for whom scheduling multiple appointments can be problematic. Additionally, because less work is involved, Thermage® treatment is generally much more cost effective than laser treatments.
- Remove all makeup and skin care products prior to beginning of treatment. Hair should be pulled back and away from face for best application.
- Remove contact lenses if having Thermage done on the face.
- Remove all jewelry prior to arriving for your appointment for Thermage.
- Take prescribed pain medication and/or relaxants 1 hour before arriving for your appointment.
- Notify your technician of any tattooed area or permanent makeup on the face prior to treatment start.
How many treatments will I need and how long with the results last?
The recommended course of treatment with the new Exilis is generally 4 to 6 sessions, every two weeks. and results should last about 2 years.
How To Decide Between Exilis, Thermage & Ulthera?
For skin laxity, sagging tissue, and lines and wrinkles
|Yes||Yes||Theoretically, Yes (although many patients reported their negative experience on skin laxity ineffectiveness)|
Fat cells shrinkage on body
|Yes, however settings adjusted on face to avoid any facial fat shrinkage.||Yes, very minor compared to Exilis. Although still it’s adjusted on face to avoid any facial fat loss or shrinkage.||No, but company developing new version to assist in fat shrinkage but be more safer with facial fats.|
|Zero Pain||A bit discomfort||Painful|
Skin Temperature indicator
|Measure temperature increases in the skin from a technical perspective instead of patient feedback. The technician can see on the device screen the heat levels reached and be sure effective levels are achieved during the treatment process.||Relaying on patient feedback (not accurate)||Relaying on patient feedback (not accurate)|
Number of sessions to see results
|3 – 4 (every session is separated from the next by 7 – 14 days) – NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICAL TRAVELLERS||One Session||One Session|
Stimulates the production of new collagen.
|No||Antianxiety medication or an anti-inflammatory injection.||Antianxiety medication or an anti-inflammatory injection.|
Average Cost (Full Face)
|5500 MYR (For 5 sessions)||11000 MYR (For one session)||8000 MYR (for one session)|
Thermage PROCEDURE STEPS
It adds a gentle vibration sensation and interspersed cooling bursts that give you even more comfort during treatment. You will feel cooling and heating sensations during each pulse. Throughout the procedure, your physician will ask for feedback on the level of heat sensation to help balance your comfort with maximum results. After treatment, your skin may be slightly red, but most people resume regular activities immediately after treatment. There’s typically no recovery time or special follow-up care.
Thermage treatments are typically 45 minutes for eyes or face and up to 90 minutes for larger body areas.
Thermage RECOVERY – After Care
- Topical Care:
- Please wear a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater for at least 1 week post treatment.
- Do not irritate treated area chemically (such as with acne or anti-aging products) or mechanically (such as with sonic cleansing systems) for 1-2 days after treatment.
- Makeup may be applied immediately after treatment.
- Wash treated area gently with mild soap and water. If treated area is irritated, the area should not be rubbed with a face cloth or towel but rather patted dry.
- Avoiding the use of NSAIDs and steroids:
- Aspirin, aspirin-containing products and ibuprofen should be avoided for at least 2 weeks post treatment. You may use Tylenol for discomfort if necessary. Prednisone and other steroids should be avoided completely for a month, since they affect results.
PRECONDITIONS AND RISKS
Is there a risk to lose facial fat with skin tightening with Thermage?
The worst outcome with Thermage is not getting as much as they expected or an inexperienced provider causing fat loss in the cheeks or other areas that are desirable to maintain as much volume as possible. However, Thermage is not believed to have significant side effects. Only some people might experience temporary redness or irritation and goes away after procedure.
When should you see noticeable results and How long does Thermage results stay?
Most patients can see and feel Thermage results very soon after treatment – in as little as one day. Continued improvements and contouring can happen for up to six months as your body regenerates collagen. Your body actually produces new collagen which is how the collagen matrix thickens and creates a smoothing effect. Even better, results can last years.
Patient’s Report After one Session with Thermage:
Why There are some legit negative reviews on Thermage online
Wrong patient selection is critical. If Thermage is tried on a patient who has a great deal of jowling and skin laxity in the neck, it is quite predictable that the improvement is going to be insufficient, and that a patient like this will really only be helped by surgery. Second main reason for all the negative reviews, very often, not enough energy is used in an effort to save money. An individual head has to be bought for each patient, and heads come in different sizes … The problem is that the larger heads … cost more money, and there are practices that cut corners and use small heads which provide inadequate energy.
Patients Reviews on Thermage (before and after)
RECOMMENDED STAY – Thermage Treatment
This is an outpatient procedure that can be done in one single session to see results. Only ONE NIGHT needed in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for this treatment.
Last Remarks on Thermage:
The pros of Thermage is that it is a one time procedure. There is no discomfort and no after care. It is a simple painless safe in office procedure to tighten the skin. It is especially useful around the face, eyes, and abdomen. The cons is that if you have poor skin laxity you may not be a good candidate. Surgery may be the only option if you are very wrinkled or have too
Thermage Treatment in Malaysia (Malaysian Ringgits)
(Note: this is an indicative price it can be subjected to minor changes)
|Treatment Areas||Fees||Accommodation||Insurance (optional)||Flight To Malaysia Price|
|Thermage Eye||6000||Check tripadvisor.com for best offers||1700||Check skyscanner.net for best offers|
|Thermage Lower Face||8000|
|Thermage Full Face||11000|
Total Thermage costs noted above include:
- Surgeon + Facility Fees.
- Accommodation & Medication required.
- Transportation (to and from) hospital is provided (if needed).
- Travel insurance + medical complications insurance (optional), which covers you if anything goes wrong with your treatment.
Our Suggested Aesthetic Specialists For Thermage
Choosing a aesthetic doctor based on the low price might be the most expensive choice if the initial cosmetic results are so poor that aesthetic doctor must be paid to repair the work of the first surgeon if the repair is possible. In Makeovervacations we always choose the top aesthetic doctor in town even if it’ll cost a little bit extra, for the sake of high quality & best results. do click here to read about our surgeons.
I AM INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you are considering Thermage we encourage you to contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment at Makeovervacations office. During this visit we will listen to your concerns and discuss your options. After careful analysis, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
You are most welcomed to ask us directly